I am addicted to this dish. The crunch of the beans and almonds, the tang from the lemon juice, the richness of the butter. Ooo…it’s beyond delish.
- 1 small bag slivered almonds (I get mine in the baking aisle.)
- 1 12-ounce steam-in-bag of fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- juice from half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam green beans in microwave according to package instructions.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, combine butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until butter is melted.
- Empty green beans into saute pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until green beans start to brown and almonds are toasted.